3/12/10

Sunday: Lancaster Avenue

When Stacey Hirvella, Senior Associate Garden Editor for Martha Stewart Living was in town last year during Garden Walk Buffalo, I had her meet me at my house Saturday morning to give her and her husband a quick tour of some highlight gardens. Since I'm on Lancaster Avenue, and we have seven gardens on my street on the Walk, I figured we'd start by walking up the block. By the time we seen all seven gardens and had gotten in the car to head off towards the other 334 gardens, Stacey said to me, "With just the gardens on your street, it's already the best garden tour I've ever been on." I think I got shivers.

On Sunday, July 11, we'll tour the gardens of Lancaster Avenue, ending up at my house for a lunch. By Sunday, a few bloggers will have left, or will have to leave Sunday morning, or spend the day off on other adventures (we have a local water feature we call Niagara Falls some may want to visit).

Mary's Garden, on Lancaster Avenue, had an eight-page spread in Better Homes & Garden's specialty publication, Garden Ideas & Outside Living.

If you're able to stay through lunch time, the gardens of Lancaster are well worth the visit. Some of these gardens have been featured in national gardening magazines such as Garden Gate; Great Backyards; Easy Weekend Gardening; BH&G's Garden Ideas and Outdoor Living; Great Gardens, Solutions for Small Spaces; People Places Plants and more. But the best part of a garden tour like ours is that you get to meet the gardeners. They're what makes a garden special. And they're what makes this a great street.

Here is some of what you'll see on Lancaster Avenue.


1 comment:

  1. hot damn! I think you just persuaded me to stay later on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

National Buffalo Garden Festival